Can my spouse set aside our Separation Agreement?

Your spouse cannot set aside your Separation Agreement solely on the basis that they have become dissatisfied with the agreed upon terms. When you and your spouse entered into the Separation Agreement, you signed a contract.  To set aside the terms of your agreement (a contract), your spouse must show that their consent to enter into the contract was secured by means of duress, fraud, or undue influence.

For More Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Shelly M. Ingram's Profile Image
Shelly has devoted her legal career to family matters both in and out of the courtroom. As a child of divorce and a person who has been divorced herself, Shelly understands the uncertainty and frustrations of custody and divorce... Read More